Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chickpeas and Spicy Dandelion Greens!

It's been a little quiet on the Plant Based Happiness blog over the past month.  We've had some exciting things happening in our lives ~ we got engaged last month (YAY!) and we've been partially renovating our favorite room in the house - the kitchen!  Future pictures of recipes will proudly feature our new granite counter tops.




Last week, Josh made his Cuban Garbanzos (Chickpeas) and I made sauteed Dandelion Greens, a first for me.  I have been wanting to make them for a while, and when I saw this beautiful, bright green bunch at Whole Foods, I finally bought them!  I followed a recipe online and they were really GOOD.  They're a little more bitter than I was expecting but they were fantastic.  I steamed them in salty water for 10 minutes, then drained them.  In a saute pan, I combined olive oil, sweet vidalia onions, diced garlic and crushed red pepper and sauteed that until the onions started to caramelize, then added the greens just to warm the up.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment