Thanks to the Hell yeah it's Vegan! blog for the recipe. I followed it exactly, except I
added raisins and pecans on top of the apples. Everyone raved about how delicious it was. I can't wait to try it this summer with some North Carolina peaches!
- 7 heaping c Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced ½” thick
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 c flour
- ¾ c quick oats
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c earth balance, melted
- ¼ c raisins
- ¾ c chopped pecans
- Spread apples in an ungreased 9×13″ pan.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and semi-translucent.
- Pour mixture over apples.
- Sprinkle apples generously with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, chopped pecans and raisins.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the the earth balance until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over apples. Press lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and streusel is golden.
- Serve hot, with a dollop of vanilla soy ice cream. We served ours with SO Delicious Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream - it went perfectly.