Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fresh Garden Salad & my 100th post!


Dandelion Greens, Arugula, Blue Kale, Purslane, Fennel, Chives, drizzled with a Garlic-Mushroom Olive Oil.

Hellooo Spring!  I'm starting off Spring with my 100th post!  Yesterday, I went to the Raleigh Farmer's Market to pick up all of my herb and veggie plants for my Spring garden.  I'M SO EXCITED!  My Mom and I found this adorable "Flip Flop Flowerpot" display to plant our herbs in.  It's so awesome to have all my herbs/salad ingredients on the deck for easy access. 




The herbs I planted in my "Flip Flop Flowerpot" were (from the bottom up):  Lemongrass and Basil; Fennel; Dandelion Greens; Purslane; French Tarragon.  Purslane is not only a beautiful flowering plant but it's edible too.  It has more Omega 3 Fatty Acids than any other leafy vegetable.  Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment