- ¾ cup (75 grams) walnuts
- ¾ cup (67 grams) rolled or traditional oats (non-contaminated for GF)
- 1 cup (180 grams) dates
- ¾ cups (180 grams) raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ - 1 cup (60 - 120 grams) oat bran or more oats
- ½ - 1 cup (45 - 90 grams) rolled or traditional oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 2 tablespoons honey (agave for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the balls:
For the frosting:
- In your food processor, grind the walnuts and oats until there are no more large chunks and then set aside. Add the dates and half of the raisins to the food processor and process until it's smooth, and then add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Process until thoroughly combined and then add the oat and nut mixture. Pulse. At this point, you can start adding oat bran and more rolled oats.
- Add ¼ cup of each, pulse, see if you like the consistency, and if you want even more bran and oats, add more, a little at a time. You don't want them to get too dry.
- Roll tightly into balls. You'll have to squeeze them together to get them to stick, but it'll work.
the frosting, stir everything together and pipe onto the balls or just
spoon a little bit over. These are already pretty sweet so you might not
*I actually made the frosting and preferred the balls without it, so I just ate them the way they were with a couple carob chips on top. I also didn't blend in all the raisins as instructed in Step 1, I added some to the mix at the end before I rolled them into balls. YUM!