Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Fall!

I have not dropped off the face of the earth - I took a little leave of absence from my blogging to plan our wonderful wedding and marry the love of my life, Josh in Folly Beach, South Carolina.  It was absolutely perfect in every way - very intimate, nice weather, beautiful beach house - just what we were hoping for!  Here's a photo of us on our wedding day:

I have to admit, I've fallen off the plant-based wagon a bit and I've been eating fish occasionally and have also added eggs back into my diet.  I also was allowing some dairy (pasture-raised Organic butter, some cheeses, half & half, etc.) for a while there during the wedding and "honeymoon" time.  As of this week, I've cut out all dairy again and I feel SO much better.  It's amazing how different I feel in just a few days - less bloated, less congested, etc.  Last year, around the holidays, I was extremely diligent about eliminating dairy and I actually lost weight over the holidays!  I'm vowing to do the same this year - by avoiding all foods with dairy, it makes holiday parties and events so much easier by eliminating almost every opportunity to be bad.



Well, Fall has arrived - the cooler weather, and Halloween is upon us.  I got goodies for our trick or treaters, but NO junk this year.  They'll all be getting to choose from the plant-based snacks in the basket below!


I picked these treats up at Target - pretzels, raisins and Organic, gluten-free, Vegan, lollipops!  I'm going to have to try one of those pops out of curiosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment