Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 12, 2013

What do you mean you don't eat meat?

I get asked this question or some variation of it pretty often... 

So, you don't you eat milk or cheese either?  Then, what do you eat?  Oh, I could never do that.

Today was no exception.  So, I thought I'd post about it tonight.


A great way to summarize my answer is to suggest that people watch the Forks Over Knives documentary.  It is the most powerful thing I've ever watched.  The documentary was so thought-provoking, so eye-opening, everything about it made sense!  It was the turning point for Josh and I - the moment that we decided to remove animal products from our diet.  I'll be honest, I once uttered those same words to a vegetarian, "I could never do that, I could never give up seafood."  Never say never.

I would HIGHLY recommend watching the Forks Over Knives documentary.  At least check out the trailer below.  It's seriously life changing!  Even if you're not looking to make any changes to your diet, it can't hurt to be informed, right?  (The entire documentary is available on Netflix and Amazon Prime.)



Thankfully, I do not have any of the significant health problems like the patients in this documentary, but I know I do not  want to end up with them later in life.  As "cheesy" as it sounds, we have taken control of our future by making different choices at the grocery store and making a commitment at the gym and I know it will have a huge impact on our health and our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment