Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Herbed Polenta with Beans




Ingredients

  • 1 package of Organic Polenta, I used Basil and Garlic
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, chopped (or a combination of colors)
  • 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/4 of a Rapunzel Buollion Cube
  • 6 ounces baby bok choy, sliced (I couldn't find any fresh bok choy so I left it out)
  • 1 14-ounce can kidney beans, drained
  • 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions

  1. Preheat the Broiler.  Cut polenta into cubes. Place the cubes on an oiled baking sheet and spray them lightly with olive oil.  Broil for 6 minutes per side, or until crispy. 
  2. In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes, until it softens. Add the garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms and add a sprinkle of salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until mushrooms soften. Add the rapunzel, and beans, stir well, and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes.  Add the tarragon, mix well.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Serve atop polenta cubes.
Cooking time (duration): 45
Number of servings (yield): 5

Recipe Courtesy of Fat Free Vegan Kitchen (slightly modified)  I'm planning to try it the way the recipe was written but I went to two grocery stores and both were out of baby bok choy and I had some leftover tarragon from Thanksgiving that I needed to use.  It turned out "delicious" according to Josh, so I thought I'd share it the way I modified it.  


This is the brand of polenta that I used - but I bought the basil garlic...

No comments:

Post a Comment