Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mousse? Yes, please!

I made this mousse this weekend for my Mom.  I was pretty skeptical of using tofu in a dessert recipe but I gave it a shot.  The verdict - it was AMAZING.  Mom, who hasn't eliminated dairy products, really enjoyed it too. 

I scoped out a few different online recipes and here's what I ended up doing:

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mousse 




Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks (I used Whole Foods 365 brand)
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Whole Foods 365 brand)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 package of organic silken tofu
  • 5 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or your favorite sweetener)
  • 1.5 cup organic raspberries (remove the seeds by pressing through a strainer)
Combine chocolate, milk and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Place on medium-low heat and stir until chocolate melts and is smooth. Blend tofu in a blender until smooth. Next add melted chocolate, agave and then the raspberry puree. Process until smooth.

Chill and serve.
Makes 8 servings

I didn't get a picture of the mousse this time but I'll take one next time I make it, which should be soon!  It's not a super healthy dessert ~ I figure it has 175-200 calories per serving but it's dairy-free and perfect if you're craving something decadent.

No comments:

Post a Comment