Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Turkey-Free Thanksgiving!


After reading the recent news headlines about animal abuse at the North Carolina Butterball plants, I am deeply saddened.  No living creature should have to endure the pain and fear that those turkeys have suffered.  This year, I am so proud that we're having a turkey-free Thanksgiving!  Last year, we bought an organic turkey and I felt a little better about that, until I took him out of the packaging and his leg was broken and he had several bruises on his body.
  Organic obviously didn't mean he was treated any better than these factory farm turkeys.  I am a happy girl knowing that our Thanksgiving won't require any animal to suffer!  I hope you'll consider having a kind Thanksgiving and eliminating the meat and dairy from your menu too! 

So, what are you planning to serve this Thanksgiving?

Remember, purchasing Butterball or any other factory farm meat only supports these unethical practices.

If you didn't see my post on our practice Thanksgiving, click here to see the pictures and recipe modifications.  To read more on the Butterball story, click here to go to the WRAL News website.

No comments:

Post a Comment