Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Eat your veggies!

Our dinner menu for this evening included grilled tofu, a baked potato and a vegetable.  As I strolled the produce section of Whole Foods, trying to decide what vegetable to make tonight, I passed by all of my go-to veggies ~ the asparagus, the zucchini, the kale...  Then, I spotted the brussels sprouts - one of my childhood favorites - I know, odd for a kid to like them, but my Mom made great brussels sprouts.  She used a combination of lemon, butter and salt and pepper and sauteed them in a frying pan.



I grabbed the brussels sprouts and I was on my way.  When I got home, I rinsed them well, sliced off the brown ends and cut them all in half.  After preheating the oven to 450 and pulling out my Pampered Chef Bar Pan, I made a mixture of fresh lemon juice (from half a Meyer lemon), a tablespoon or two of olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.  I tossed the sprouts in the lemon mixture and poured them onto the stone.  I roasted them for 15 minutes, turned them and roasted them for 5 - 10 minutes longer until the outside layer got a little crispy.  Brussels Sprouts are FANTASTIC roasted ~ we have a new favorite veggie in our household!


So, our dinner turned out really delish - here's a photo.  We started out with a baby arugula salad with avocado and tomato, and enjoyed a baked red potato, roasted brussels sprouts and Caribbean SoyBoy brand tofu for the main course.  YUM...

No comments:

Post a Comment