Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Vegan Apple Pie Protein Shake

I've been experimenting with lots of different smoothies/shakes lately since I've been exercising a lot and I came across a recipe for an Apple Pie shake on the Vega website.

Nov-1-3-News-Hub-Images

Vega One is more than just a plant-based protein powder, it's got fiber, probiotics, 50% of your RDA vitamins/minerals, Omega-3's, greens, antioxidants, etc.  I usually just combine a scoop with unsweetened almond milk but lately I've gotten more adventurous.

I was inspired by the recipe on the Vega website but I didn't want to add oats, nuts or too much fruit, so here's my version:
  • 1/2 gala apple
  • ¼ tsp of nutmeg
  • 1 ½ tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 handful of spinach
  • 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop of Vega One French Vanilla Powder

It's delish and a great alternative if you're getting bored of your post-workout shakes!

Original recipe can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment